07 Dec St Johns Development Set to Impress
Located in what has previously considered to be the ‘outskirts’ of Manchester city centre, the new St John’s development near the old Granada Studios is set to bring new life to the area.
Allied London is working closely with Manchester City Council to develop what is being considered “a new neighbourhood for enterprise, culture and living.” There has been extensive collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders including residents currently living in the surrounding Spinningfields and Castlefield areas.
The plans for this 25-acre area include:
- 2,400 mixed residential including low and high rise apartment buildings, loft units and penthouse apartments
- Retail, hospitality and office spaces
- Collaborative co-working spaces
- A dedicated arts, culture and entertainment building,
- Three hotels
- Large areas of open green space.
The area will incorporate the longstanding industrial history and heritage of this area, highlighting the importance of the Museum of Science and Industry, the Liverpool Road Station and Granada Studios.
It is hoped the new St John’s development will create a support neighbourhood environment that promotes creativity, culture and enterprise. Work is due to commence towards the end of 2016.
To learn more about the development, visit the St John’s website